Junior Linux System Administrator
We pride ourselves on creating industry leading, award-winning work and our employees are at the very heart of that. Our team consists of the smartest, most creative minds in digital, covering SEO, Paid Media, Analytics, Content Marketing and Design & Development. We also have our own bespoke technology that helps us to consistently deliver exceptional work for our clients. Now we are on the hunt for more talented people to join us to raise the bar even higher.
We are looking for a Junior Linux System Administrator to support the technical needs of the company and be responsible for installation/configuration, maintenance and support of desktop hardware, software and related infrastructure. You will also be expected to assist with monitoring, maintaining and expanding our linux server infrastructure, working with our DevOps engineer to expand your skills and knowledge in this area. In order to support your development you will also be expected to learn more skills and increase your responsibility in this growing role.
You will have a keen interest for IT & systems administration and automation with knowledge gained either from personal or commercial experience. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to transition into a more server/DevOps focused role. If you have a technical mind and a passion for Systems Administration, we would love to hear from you.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us but given the nature of some of our work this role may involve some out of hours work, including weekends. However, we will always try to minimise the impact of this. Please also note this role is subject to a satisfactory DBS background check being completed.
- Implement, maintain, support and improve our Linux based server infrastructure both on premises and in the cloud.
- Starter and Leaver Process - create/delete users to include systems access and email accounts as well as ordering hardware
- Ensuring all users malware and virus licenses are up-to-date
- Maintain security best practices, deploy patches, assess exposure to risks
- Update and maintain our Asset Log
- Provide desktop support to Mac and PC users within the team
- Provide general hardware support
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Help develop procedures and practices to keep us secure and better organise our systems
- Help with compliance processes related to our ISO27001 and PCI DSS certification
- Experience of working on a busy IT helpdesk
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms, including Windows 10, macOS and Linux
- Experience of supporting Windows (7,8,10), OSX as well as all types of desktop hardware
- Knowledge of the Linux command line with an interest in learning more
- An understanding of general networking principles and troubleshooting
- Experience administering G Suite and Office 365
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash or Python are a plus
- Experience working with AWS, Digital Ocean or other cloud server providers
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Dedicated and flexible
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workload
- Setup and support mobile devices across a range of Operating Systems
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
There are many reasons to work for Ayima, including
- Competitive salary that reflects contribution
- Comprehensive health, dental and pension packages for every employee
- 25 days paid holiday, Christmas shut down plus the standard bank holidays
A culture built around our employees
- Become a pivotal part of a talented digital team on the planet
- Enjoy a relaxed, welcoming and collaborative work environment that rewards entrepreneurs
- Be the master of your own destiny with a structure to help you develop your role
- Flexibility around 9-6, we know you have a life outside of the office
We work in exceptional spaces
- Awesome Farringdon office in one of London’s most iconic buildings
- A fully stocked office kitchen, beer fridge and great coffee
- Pool, table tennis and arcade machines for ‘creative thinking’ time