Full Stack Developer (PHP)
Ayima is an award-winning global Digital Marketing Agency with its Canadian Headquarters in Vancouver. We blend technology and talent to achieve spectacular results for some of the world's biggest brands.
We pride ourselves on creating industry leading, award-winning work and our employees are at the very heart of that. Now we are on the hunt for more talented people to join us to continue to raise the bar even higher.
You’ll be joining a well-established development team that works across external and internal projects. We operate three areas of development: Internal & public facing products, Data engineering & reporting, and client facing agency style work. This role will be focused on the first of these but working across all three may also form part of the role from time to time.
Work with the Head of Technology, Product Manager and Lead Developer on new projects, from the planning phase to completion and beyond.
In consultation with the global development team and any other stakeholders, implement new features for existing systems.
Create strong documentation where necessary, including potentially client facing material.
An awareness of technological advances including SEO
What we are looking for
- Laravel or Symfony experience
- Strong CSS including Sass/Less & frameworks like Bootstrap, Tailwind or Bulma.
- MySQL, pgSQL or comparable RDBMS including query optimization.
- Excellent communication skills including requirements gathering and liaising with non-technical team members.
- LEMP/LAMP stack knowledge - Can you get a server up and running with PHP 7?
What would really impress us
- Knowledge of other databases such as Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB etc.
- Knowledge of using the OSX/Linux command line to run simple commands.
- Knowledge of running docker images would be ideal.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health / Dental / Life package
- 100% Contribution matched RRSP (up to 5%)
- 25 days paid vacation
- Summer Fridays - Get out early and enjoy the Vancouver sun
- Travel Opportunities
- Training Budget
- A fast growing team within a collaborative global digital marketing agency
- Entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged and rewarded
- Awesome Yaletown office
- A fully stocked office kitchen, beer fridge and great coffee
- PlayStation 4 Pro / Grouse Grind / Craft Brewery tours / Office Sonos (no Nickelback please)
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment
- Team lunches at Vancouver’s best restaurants
- Flexible working and focus on work life balance